1126 date(1)'s usage message doesn't mention -R
1788 "WARNING: Cannot lookup root device: /devices" is useless when rootfs is zfs
1828 powerd's "Able to open /dev/srn" notice is useless
2547 Minor updates to README
2678 zfs manpage mis-identifies checksum default value
2811 missing implementation: zfs send -r
3199 Update copyright years in usr/src/prototypes/
Reviewed by: Joshua M. Clulow <email@example.com>
Reviewed by: Garrett D'Amore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Approved by: Dan McDonald <email@example.com>
diff --git a/README b/README
index a2759b6..9fd99ad 100644
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-illumos gate README - Sept 12, 2010.
+illumos gate README - Sep 16, 2012.
This is the illumos gate. This is the illumos source tree. It contains
the following subdirectories:
@@ -12,7 +12,7 @@
- All changes must have been reviewed, and approved by and advocate
+ All changes must have been reviewed, and approved by an advocate
(below). A code review may be performed by someone other than the
advocate, but the final integration should still be approved by the
@@ -24,27 +24,26 @@
All changes must adhere to typical ON style and quality rules.
For example, pass full cstyle, applicable lint rules, etc.
- All commits must include either a CDDL license, unless
- approved otherwise by the gatekeeper, or the modified code
- already carries a different license. Exceptions shall require
- the approval of the gatekeeper.
+ All new code must be licensed under CDDL, and modifications to existing
+ code may not alter the original license terms. Integrations of code
+ from upstream sources that use another liberal open source license are
+ permissible, subject to approval of the advocates or developer council.
+ Exceptions to this policy shall require the approval of the developer
- Hg commits should have comments of the following form:
+ Commits should have comments of the following form:
1234 This is a sample bug report synopsis
- 4567 If you have a second bug synopsis...
- Reviewed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approved by: email@example.com
+ 4567 If you have a second bug synopsis…
+ Reviewed by: Frodo Baggins <firstname.lastname@example.org>
+ Reviewed by: Legolas <email@example.com>
+ Approved by: Gandalf The Grey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Each commit must have at least one bug id that is listed in the
illumos-gate project at www.illumos.org.
+RTI Advocates: email@example.com
+Developer Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please talk to the gatekeeper about personal branches. In general,
- they will be allowed as long as we don't go *too* wild on them.
-Gatekeeper: email@example.com (Interim)
-IRC channel: #illumos on irc.freenode.net
-Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
+IRC channel: #illumos on irc.freenode.net
+Mailing list: email@example.com